People Plus Scotland
SCQF Level 6
Tuesday and Thursday 9.30am – 4.00pm (blended mix between online learning supported by a trainer, Glasgow City Centre training provider venue and work placement)
Plus 1st week in June, if required (Mon – Fri 9.30am – 4.00pm)
A Foundation Apprenticeship in Accountancy is a great way to get hands-on experience in this fast paced, constantly changing industry. You will have the unique chance to develop skills and knowledge across a range of accountancy topics in a classroom, alongside a valuable work placement with an employer.
Help businesses keep track of their money, find new ways to grow and make bigger profits. If you love a challenge and you are a good problem-solver, a Foundation Apprenticeship in Accountancy could be your solution.
Candidates intending to leave school at the end of S6 with minimum of one or more Highers in relevant subject areas and Nat 5’s.
Essential criteria as follows:
• Achieved or working towards Higher (A-C) in relevant subject areas – English, Maths, Business (A-C) by end of S6
National Progression Award in Accountancy
• Preparing Management Accounting Information
• Analysing Account Information
• Preparing Financial Accounting Information
• Recording Data in the Ledger
• Professional ethics for Accountants
• Work Placement
AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting (part of)
• Advanced Bookkeeping
• Final Accounts Preparation
• Indirect Tax
(Completion of the AAT units will lead to the rewarding of the Level 3/ SCQF 6 Advanced certificate in Bookkeeping.)
• Modern Apprenticeship in Accounting
• HNC/D in Accounting
• Direct employment with an accountancy employer or in an industry related subject such as business and finance