City of Glasgow College, City Campus
SCQF Level 6
All day Tuesday at college
All day Thursday shared between college and work placement
Starting in S6, the Foundation Apprenticeship in Financial Services at City of Glasgow College takes one year to complete.
Students will attend college one day per week to complete part of the National Progression Award in Financial Services. The course is classroom based and is enhanced with a programme of employer engagement workshops and activities, including The Investment Challenge.
Students will be matched to a suitable employer and will attend work placement one day per week. Whilst on work placement, they will complete the National Progression Award in Financial Services and attain the mandatory units of the Scottish Vocational Qualification in Providing Financial Services.
Candidates intending to leave school at the end of S6 with minimum of one or more Highers in relevant subject areas and Nat 5’s. Essential criteria as follows:
• Achieved or working towards Higher (A-C) in relevant subject areas – Economics, Accounts, Business etc. by end of S6
• Credit Check Required
National Progression Award in Financial Services
• Financial Services: An Introduction
• Financial Services: The Regulatory Framework
• Financial Services: Communication
• Financial Services: Promoting Positive Customer Relationships
• Financial Services: Personal Finance Awareness
• Work Placement
SVQ in Providing Financial Services (Part of)
• Develop yourself to improve and maintain workplace competence in a financial services environment
• Develop productive working relationships in a financial services environment
• Ensure you comply with regulations in the financial services environment
• Modern Apprenticeship in Providing Financial Services
• HNC/D in Financial Services