Creative and Digital Media
Glasgow Kelvin College, Easterhouse Campus, Glasgow Clyde College, Cardonald Campus and City of Glasgow College, City Campus
SCQF Level 6
Tuesday and Thursday afternoon 1.30pm – 4.00pm
Plus 1st week in June, if required (Mon – Fri 9.30am – 4.00pm)
Thursday 9.30am – 4.30pm shared between work placement and college
(*May be subject to change)
According to Creative Skillset’s 2012 Census, the Creative Industries in Scotland employ 12,500 people. This represents 7% of the UK Creative Industries workforce, up from 4% in 2009. Creative industries include roles within interactive media, TV, Radio, Computer Gaming, Film and Animation.
Increases in new technology has led to a demand for new entrants to be multi-skilled and able to work over a variety of platforms. Starting in S5, a Foundation Apprenticeship in Creative Digital Media presents an opportunity for senior phase pupils, still attending school, to undertake industry specific qualifications and blend an academic qualification with work-based learning.
In this Foundation Apprenticeship, you will spend 10 weeks at each of the Glasgow Colleges. Each College has their own specialty so this pattern allows students to develop a broad understanding of the creative Industries.
Candidates intending to leave school at the end of S6 with minimum of one or more Highers in relevant subject areas and Nat 5’s.
Essential criteria as follows:
• Achieved or working towards Higher (A-C) in relevant subject areas – IT, English, Maths etc. by end of S6
National Progression Award in Creative and Digital Media: Technologies, Processes and Practices
• Creative Industries: An Introduction - Scotland
• Creative Industries: Understanding a Creative Brief • Media: Understanding the creative process
• Storytelling for the Creative Industries
Diploma in Creative and Digital Media
• Work effectively with others in the Creative Industries
• Ensure your own actions reduce risks to Health and Safety
• Communicating using digital marketing/ sales channels
• Use digital and social media in marketing campaigns
Industry Challenge Project
• Modern Apprenticeship in Creative and Digital Media
• HNC/D in Creative Industries