City of Glasgow College, City Campus
Glasgow Clyde College - Cardonald Campus
SCQF Level 6
Tuesday and Thursday afternoon 1.30pm – 4.00pm
Plus 1st week in June, if required (Mon – Fri 9.30am – 4.00pm)
Thursday 9.30am – 4.30pm, shared between work placement and college
(*May be subject to change)
Management, leadership and business administration are key skills that are essential to the success of a business.
The Foundation Apprenticeship in Business Skills will develop your skills to:
• Become an inspiring leader – someone who sets the tone, culture and direction of an organisation.
• Develop your management style – being able to understand how a business runs and how to influence people, one of the key assets to any organisation.
• Understanding administration – the vital support that allows any company to function effectively.
The course helps develop a unique set of transferrable skills, knowledge and behaviours that can be applied to any business – no matter how big or small.
You will study areas that will help you appreciate business priorities such as Digital Marketing, Procurement, Enterprise, HR and Finance.
Candidates intending to leave school at the end of S6 with minimum of one or more Highers in relevant subject areas and Nat 5’s. Essential criteria as follows:
• Achieved or working towards Higher (A-C) in relevant subject areas – Economics, Accounts, Business etc. by end of S6
National Progression Award in Business Skills
• Understanding Business
• Management of People and Finance
• PC Passport: Working with IT Software – Word Processing and Presenting Information
• PC Passport: Working with IT Software – Spreadsheet and database
• Contemporary Business Issues • Work Placement
SVQ in Business and Administration (Part of)
• Plan how to manage and improve own performance in a business environment
• Communicate in a business environment
• Support other people to work in a business environment
• Design and produce documents in a business environment
• Modern Apprenticeship in Business Administration
• HNC/D in Business and related subjects
• Graduate apprenticeship